Re: Fw: north-south

Here is another way to reverse things within Ferret:

yes? use coads_climatology
yes? show data
     currently SET data sets:
    1> /opt/local/ferret/fer_dsets/descr/coads_climatology.des
(default)
 name     title                             I         J
K         L
 SST      SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURE          1:180     1:90      ...
1:12
 AIRT     AIR TEMPERATURE                  1:180     1:90      ...
1:12
 SPEH     SPECIFIC HUMIDITY                1:180     1:90      ...
1:12
 WSPD     WIND SPEED                       1:180     1:90      ...
1:12
 UWND     ZONAL WIND                       1:180     1:90      ...
1:12
 VWND     MERIDIONAL WIND                  1:180     1:90      ...
1:12
 SLP      SEA LEVEL PRESSURE               1:180     1:90      ...
1:12

yes? ! First we define an index which samples from hi to lo along J
yes? let reverse_j = 90 - j[g=sst]
yes? ! Then we sample sst using this reversed axis
yes? let sst_reverse_j = samplej(sst,reverse_j)
yes? shade/l=1 sst_reverse_j

-- Jonathan Callahan