This version of LAS requires Ferret 6.65.
Important Housekeeping Detail
The server configuration directory will now be installed under$TOMCAT_HOME/content/las/ instead of the the directory where you unpackyour LAS and run configure. You'll need to locate this directory and apply your changes to the configuration there after the install.
Major New Features
Multiple Variable Selection
LAS now supports selection of more than one variable from thesame data set on the main interface. When more than one variable isselected you can make new visualizations appropriate for the number ofvariables you have chosen.
- Time series line plots will include all of the variablesselected with multiple axis scales and line colors.
- You can make property-property scatter plots of two differentvariables.
- You can also color the symbols in a property-property plot bythe value of a third variable.
- Vector variables and vector plots are now supported (in XY, XTand YT dimensions).
- Vectors can be plotted in the vizGal comparisontool and the difference between to vector variable can be plotted in XYusing vizGal.
- vizGal itself has new layout and some new features that allowcomparisons along any axis. For example, you can make time seriesplots with a different point in XY selected in each of the panels.
- The addXML utility automatically detects and configures many vector variable when scanning a THREDDS catalog or other netCDF data source with containing multiple variables.
Examples of New Plot Types Available in LAS
A Vector Plot in XY
A Vector Plot in XZ
A Property-Property Plot
Three Variable Time Series Plot