This is the Beta release of the LAS Version 7.0 UserInterface. This interface, which is based on the technologies knowpopularly as Web 2.0, is a highly interactive and intuitive way toexplore data served by LAS. We have been using the interfaceinternally for many months and it has proven stable and useful. Whilemore improvements will be coming quickly as we refine someaspects of the interface, we are ready for the community to use theinterface and give us detailed feedback. The new configuration procedure (detailed here) allows you to choose whether or not youinstall the old user interface when you install this version of LAS. The new user interface does not depend on Perl or mySQL. Some of theexample data sets use mySQL, but you can choose not to install thoseexamples if you do not have or do not want to use mySQL at your site.
In addition to the new user interface, this version of LAS includes many bug fixes and improvements. The improvements include:
- Beta release of the new Web 2.0 user interface.
- Animation Interface Improvements:
- Ability to select the time range for animations when the interface first pops up.
- Can select a new variable form the data set to animate without going back to the main UI window.
- Data comparison slide sorter improvements:
- "Anomaly mode" will plot the difference between the values in the upper left cell from the values in each of the other cells.
- Button to automatically calculate contour levels for all plots.