Ferret Version v6.07 Release Notes
Version 6.07 is required for users who wish to install the new Live Access Server software.
It includes Linux 32-bit and 64-bit executables, with statically-linked versions of both. A Solaris 8
version is also included, however it is linked with an older OPeNDAP library. Further Solaris builds
are in the works and will be released shortly.
Enhancements and Bug fixes in Version 6.07
- Ferret executables are built with static libraries where possible (linux systems). In particular
a number of X11 libraries are now loaded as static libraries.
- Both dynamic and static executables are available for both 32-bit and 64-bit linux systems.
- A new symbol FERRET_MEMORY is defined when Ferret starts up and reset on a SET MEMORY
command. It shows the Ferret memory as seen by SHOW MEMORY, in MegaWords.
yes? show memory
Current size of FERRET memory cache: 6.4 MegaWords (1 word = 4 bytes)
yes? show symbol ferret_memory
FERRET_MEMORY = "6.4"
yes? IF `($ferret_memory"6.4") LT 10` THEN \
SET AXIS/STRIDE=5 `var,RETURN=xaxis`
- SHOW VARIABLE/XML used by LAS is changed to write correct XML output when the definition of the
variable includes quotes, as in a time interval that is given by dates in quotation marks.
- Some PPLUS errors were previously sent to std output. Now these are sent to std error.
- Messages produced by DEFINE, SET and CANCEL commands, and informational/warning messages starting
with **NOTE were previously sent to std output. Now these are sent to std error. For instance,
the messages in BOLD text below now go to std error
yes? USE etopo60
yes? DEFINE AXIS/X=1:360:1 `rose,return=xaxis`
!-> DEFINE AXIS/X=1:360:1 ETOPO60X
Replacing definition of axis ETOPO60X
*** NOTE: grid used by data set etopo60
*** NOTE: Redefinition may alter apparent contents of data set
- Some irregular axes in netCDF files were detected as regular in v6.05. This is fixed.