PyFerret is available:
- As pre-built as gzipped tar files for Linux from the PyFerret GitHub site:
These are built under Linux RedHat. For many of the "free" Linux operating systems, the RHEL6 or RHEL7 versions (depending on whether your OS uses Python 2.6 or Python 2.7) should work. These binaries are (statically) linked with NetCDF and HDF5 libraries, with OPeNDAP dataset access enabled.
- Or PyFerret may be built and installed using the Anaconda installer via miniconda. Details about miniconda installation may be found in the PyFerret GitHub repository in this README file. Please scroll down in that file to find the section about the Anaconda installer.
See the README.me file on the PyFerret GitHub page which includes further details:
- Jupyter / iPython notebook
- miniconda Anaconda installation
- Installing from tar file containing pre-built PyFerret
- Building PyFerret from source without Anaconda