Last modified: Tue, 02/22/2011 - 04:36
What's new in the Ferret V6.65 release
Ferret v6.6.5 is required for LAS v7.2.
It contains a few bug fixes both specific to LAS and for the general Ferret user.
NOTE: A serious bug has been found in this version of Ferret which affects computing the definite integral. Zonal integrals return results that are too small by a factor of pi/180 (0.01745). This bug first appeared in Ferret v6.42 and was fixed in version 6.67. Installations of LAS which run these versions of Ferret are unaffected by this bug.
There is an update to the instructions for building Ferret from source code. This is found in the README file in the top-level directory of the source-code download link on the Ferret Downloads pages.
- Function FLOATSTR(var) takes a floating-point variable and returns the variable converted to strings according to a specified format. The format is a Fortran format, similar to the format specifications used by LIST/FORMAT.
yes? show function floatstr
Returns float converted to strings according to format specified
A: Floating-point variable to convert
FMT: Fortran format, in parentheses, e.g. "(F5.1)" (STRING)
- In LAS, some operations caused a single-point coordinate axis to be dropped from the description of a virtual dataset. This is fixed.
- TAX_* functions (e.g. TAX_YEAR) previously returned zero if a time step is missing. Now the return is also missing.
- When a time axis begins in year 0000 (but is not a modulo time axis), the year returned from TAX_YEAR was 0 in year 0 and year 1. This is fixed.
- Multiple messages are suppressed when there is no missing-value flag on variables in a file (see item 2 in the Version 6.64 release notes). Now just one note is written per dataset.