New features and bug fixes in Ferret and PyFerret v7.4.3 and 7.4.4
December 7, 2018
Ferret/PyFerret version 7.4.4 is the same as v7.4.3, but is linked withNetCDF-18.104.22.168 instead of NetCDF-4.6.x . Access to some OPeNDAP url's containing large datasets failed when using netCDF 4.6.
September 16, 2018
This is primarily a bug-fix release. Here are the important changes:
- Two bugs are fixed having to do with coordinates and attributes for coordinates in netCDF files.
- A file with coordinates that have the attribute point_spacing="even", and also has coordinate bounds, but where the coordinates are not evenly spaced, was not initialized correctly. This is fixed.
- A file with irregularly-spaced longitudes coordinates having bounds that don't span the entire 360 degree range ran into a crash if strides are requested. This is fixed.
- The scripts "fland.jnl" and "focean.jnl" are updated so that the option to draw a transparent land or ocean mask is available in both Ferret and PyFerret, using the transparency features of PyFerret.
- CSV or TSV listings of more than 48 variables to a single file gave garbled results. This is fixed; it was due to loading a large list of variables into memory at once. There is now no practical limit on the number of variables.