Google Earth could be used as a WMS client to make the two basic WMS requests, GetCapabilities and GetMap.
Show the capabilities of the LAS-WMS server
- open Google Earth
- click Add menu
- selcet Image Overlay
- on the Google Earth - New window, click Refresh
- enter a name for Name
click WMS Parameters button
on the GoogleEarth - Web Mapping Service Parameters window
(1). click ' Add... ', enter URL of your WMS server, for example, http://porter.pmel.noaa.gov:8922/wms/wms_servlet
(2) you could select a WMS server from the drop-down list of WMS Server
Now, the WMS layers will show under Transparent Layers on the left of the GoogleEarth - Web Mapping Service Parameters window
Make a GetMap request for a WMS layer
- select a WMS layer from the list, click ' Add-> '
- the layer will show under Selceted Layers on the right of the GoogleEarth - Web Mapping Service Parameters window
- highlight the layer in Selected Layers and click Apply
- wait for the WMS server sends back the plot image; then click OK on the GoogleEarth - Web Mapping Service Parameters window
- click OK on the Google Earth - New window
Now, the plot will show on Google Earth. When you zoom or pan, the plot will be dynamically updated according to the current view.