Last modified: Mon, 04/03/2017 - 12:50
How to add gridded data from a NetCDF file or OPeDAP URL.
- The addXML utility
addXML can be used to generate LAS configuration information from a variety of data sources including netCDF files, OPeNDAP servers and THREDDS catalogs.
- Using addXML on a netCDF data source.
- netCDF files or OPeNDAP URLs can be easily added to LAS using the addXML utility.
- Using addXML on a THREDDS Catalog
Data which is available via OPeNDAP that is organized into a THREDDS catalog can be easily added to an LAS installation using addXML.
- Advanced topics for adding netCDF data sources with addXML
Here are a few tricks that you might helpful when adding data from a netCDF data source.
- addXML and automatic detection of Vectors
The addXML utility will automatically detect variables that are the scalar components of 2 and 3D vectors and add them as vectors to the LAS configuration.
- The XML Configuration for Data sets and Variables
The fundamental piece of an LAS configuration is the description of the data sets and variables which an LAS server. This page gives the details about that part of the configuration XML.
- Organizing your LAS using Categories and Sorting
You can organize the data in your LAS using categories of your choosing. For example you can group data by the institution the produced it, or by the temporal resolution of the data. You can also change the order in which categories and variables are displayed by specifying the sort order.
- Ferret properties for customizing datasets and variables