Last modified: Mon, 04/03/2017 - 17:28
How to actually install LAS V8.
The Initial Installation
- Get the tar file (ftp://ftp.pmel.noaa.gov/ferret/pub/las/las.v8.x.tar.gz).
- Expand it into a directory of your choosing. There are no special requirements for the directory. You might want to use something like /usr/local/apps. It's your choice.
tar zxvf las.v8.x.tar.gz
- Descend into the las.v7.x directory (cd las.v8.x).
- The configuration process will use your current Ferret environment to configure Ferret to run under LAS. If you haven't already done so, set up your Ferret environment.
source /PATH TO FERRET INSTALLATION/bin/ferret_paths
- Make sure your JAVA environment variables are set. For example:
setenv JAVA_HOME /usr/local/jdk1.6.0_11
setenv JAVA_OPTS "-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms256M -Xmx256M"
setenv PATH $JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
- Run the configure script.
This is what it looks like when installing LAS v8.x.
There is a make file which a "clean" target that will get you back to the original state of thing when you exploded the tarball, but it won't delete any files you created in the templates and scripts directories.